How to implement simulcast?

I follower from this, but don’t work on ios

Can you be more specific?
What didn’t work exactly?

i don’t see video from ios device

Did you manage to test if it is working on Android?

i’m sorry ios it work but i found issue on android about can’t to select size of video track

update!!

i have 1 issue about my samsung s21 fe 5g device sending video track and then other device don’t select size of video track

@8BallBomBom I think more might be needed to get simulcast working, requiring some changes in the WebRTC lib.

The sendEncoding change does work to let the transceiver know what encodings to use and outputs the sdps just fine, but I think the default encoder factories simply don’t support simulcast. If you note in golgetahir’s logs, only the “h” encoding is actually encoding and sending any frames. The “m” and “l” encodings are all 0 frames encoding/sent.

I get similar results when trying to encode H264 on iOS.

My company resolved this in a separate webrtc fork by exposing SimulcastEncoderAdapter for ObjC and Android in these changes:

The newly introduced simulcast video encoder factories are used in place of the default factories.

Makes sense, bit of an oversight :rofl:
Was under the impression things were sound on the native side and that frames would only be encoded for the selected streams in active use.

Looks like we’re going to need to get things patched up over here.