Ice-pwd can only alphanumberic characters

I have a peer connection setup between a browser, streaming a video, and the other peer connection on a iPhone device running react native.

When the phone sends the offer, the web client (chrome 81.04) is not able to set the remote description . The session description create fails with the error message that - ice pwd may only contain alphanumerics, + and /. I did notice that the pwd field contains space, which is why the error is being thrown. On occassions when the pwd does not contain any spaces, there is no issue. This issue is only happening in chrome, it works fine in Firefox , how ever firefox has issues with connecting to phone. It says it needs a Turn server.

Is there any way, I can control the react-native-webrtc client being used in the phone to generate a sane ice pwd ?

Hi @sam-ruby . If you haven’t solved your problem yet, then i would like to say that the same was happening to me. But this problem isn’t with “react-native-webrtc”, “ice-pwd” is generated correctly (i.e. with no space).

In my case, “+” was changing to “space” on server side. so, find out where your “+” is changing to “space”.