Testing multiple native clients locally?

Hi,

New to both React Native and WebRTC here (so apologies for the likely noob question).

I’m working on a fairly simple video chat app that uses WebRTC and I’m curious what the best way to test the application (pairing with a peer, connecting, basically everything) is.

I have a signaling server and am able to get one client (an iOS simulator) to connect to the local server over websockets, but what is the best way to create a second local client to pair with the first? Should I run multiple simulators? From the research I’ve done, that seems possible (if a bit annoying) - but is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks in advance! And apologies if this question has been asked, I didn’t find any results when I searched.

You could setup Android Studio and then also run as many Android simulators as you want.
Generally whenever i’m testing anything i use a few physical devices then simulators as extra from time to time.

Create a web version of WebRTC then use it to establish multiple peer connections.

How do you deal with cameras? The iOS don’t seem to support camera testing (unless I’m doing something wrong) -

mediaDevices.enumerateDevices() returns an empty array (unless there’s a different problem I’m unaware of)

edit: answered my own question - mediaDevices.enumerateDevices() returns a populated array when testing on a physical device. seems there’s no alternate but to using a physical device for testing.