TURNS ICE candidates not generated when using Let's Encrypt certificate

If I use a TURN server (coturn) with only a turns: scheme URL, and this TURN server use a valid Let’s Encrypt certificate, relay candidates are never generated. This is happening for both iOS and Android. If I use a GoDaddy certificate, candidates are generated.

Relay candidates with Let’s Encrypt certificate are properly generated in web browsers and also in Android WebView.

I tried to take a look into WebRTC source code and they are using here and there tls_cert_verifier, but I didn’t find where it is generated (if any). In some other places it is just set to null.

This was already happening in other similar projects like cordova-plugin-iosrtc

Thanks in advance.

I have the same kind of problem with turns and let’s encrypt certificate. Any news ?

I think this problem still exists, did anyone figure out why it’s happening?

It appears to be related to this issue. Switching from Let’s Encrypt to ZeroSSL worked as a workaround.

Actually this was weirder: Version of react-native-webrtc > 1.100.0 include the Mozilla CA bundle. However, RSA-4096 certificates seems to break TURNS on iOS. Downgrading to a RSA-2048 certificate from Let’s Encrypt worked with react-native-webrtc 1.100.0.